Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

A Cook's Ambition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Berries : 3,510,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1: Black Leg
Skill 2: Magu Magu no Mi
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Task Title: A Cook's Ambition
Class Task: D
Task Requirements: 1 Character/a minimum of 200 words, and 3 posts. Need to defeat all five crooks.
Task Location: Lvneel Kingdom
Task Description: While on his final day of working at his mentor's restaurant, Kurai intends to leave a lasting impression on the old man before heading off with his little "brother" on their own journey. However before any of that can be done, five thugs decide to come in, and attack the establishment. Not only that, but these thugs have a particular connection to Kurai's late mother, and his own past! How will things turn out for our red haired ball of anger!?
Back to top Go down
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Skill Sheet
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Lvneel Kingdom.....Just another ordinary day.

A Cook's Ambition Latest?cb=20130218233354

The people of this wonderful land were off attending to their own business. People could be seen left, and right doing a variety of things. Some of the residence were scurrying off to their jobs, or wherever it is they had to be while others were just roaming abut without a care in the world, either by themselves, with family, friends, or even their lover(s).

The sun shined bright down on this beautiful land like it did almost everyday with only a few clouds in sight, making that light blue sky pretty visible. Certainly is a good time to be out, and about. Among the many people who are out here taking advantage of that sweet vitamin D is none other then Kurai, another resident of this island who use to live a pretty bad life, gaining a bit of infamy within the slums of this island. But that is all in the past! For a few years now, Kurai has taken up a job at a restaurant known as Gray Castle, a pretty fancy, and well known establishment around these parts. One would think that someone such as Kurai would be some sort of dishwasher, or someone who takes out the trash there, but...he's actually one of the chefs working there having taken an interest in cooking at a young age, as well as improving his skills by learning from his boss/mentor!

He doesn't intend to stay for much longer however....claiming this to be his last day.

Kurai was walking from a trading port holding a wooden box over one of his shoulders slightly bigger than his head as he was making his way to the Gray Castle. He didn't have his signature coat on due to how nice it was out, but of course there was that cigarette of his hanging from the side of his mouth, smoke fleeing from it towards the sky. His expression was pretty average, not too dull yet not really exciting, but there was a lot on this man's mind. He wanted to do something for his mentor before heading off on his own with his "brother" Joey, so why not cook up something he will never forget!

Speaking of brother.....

A Cook's Ambition FPbjuaTu-7264

"OI KURAIIIIII!!"

All of a sudden, a young blonde teen wearing farmer like clothing approached Kurai waving at him as if he were far away, and trying to get his attention causing him to stop with his eyebrows slightly raised. This also caught some of the islanders by surprise, causing them to look over while some whispered among themselves.

"Eh, Joey....? Aren't you suppose to be back at the restaurant?"

WC: 458
Back to top Go down
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Skill Sheet
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 2:08 pm

"Thought I told you to stay at the Gray Castle." Kurai said to Joey as they were both now heading back. Joey rested his hands behind the back of his head with a slight grin on his face. "But it was getting purty boring there without ya. So why not just jump up, and surprise ya on yer way back!?" the young blond stated in a country like tone, fitting for what he usually wears. "Well, you certainly scared me..." Kurai claimed in a somewhat sarcastic tone....one that Joey didn't pick up on.

"REALLY!?" "No." "Awwwww..."

Joey pouted, causing Kurai to glance over for a second before looking back forward, a low chuckle escaping his mouth. "Shaha, one day, Joey." After hearing that, Joey immediately went from pouting to looking up at Kurai with widened eyes on inspiration. Joey is definitely an annoying one which weren't really Kurai's favorites, but he made an exception with this one. Knew Joey ever since they were both in that damn orphanage, and the blond guy was the only one to put up with Kurai's temper, and even inspired him to follow his dream of cooking! The two see each other as brothers, and that will hopefully never change.

"Ya know..." Joey started to look around, observing the various people, the buildings, the animals seen scurrying by from time to time. "I'm gonna miss this place." Joey said with a hint of sadness in his tone leading Kurai to glance down at Joey once again before looking up. "I say good riddance. This place won't get any sympathy from me..." Kurai claimed....but deep down he was lying.

Joey looked up at Kurai with a comically angry look, and started punching at the red head's free shoulder even though it didn't do anything. "What do ya mean "No sympathy"!? This is our home! We got into a lotta insane stuff, you got a job, and we had a pretty nifty lookin house!" "That house was a dump...." "Yeah, but it was our dump!" Joey flailed his arms into the air. "Come on, Joey. Are you telling me you're not excited to go see the world?" Kurai asked, looking down at the teen. Joey crossed his arms, and looked down, kicking a pebble out of his way, and accidentally hitting someone upside the head with it without knowing....

"Very excited, but...."

The two finally made it back to the building, and before Joey could finish, screams could be heard coming from within the Gray Castle, and they weren't pleasent! This caused the two to look up at the building. Joey was about to run towards it to see what was happening, but Kurai stopped him, placing a hand on his little "brother's" chest. "You stay right here, and hold this." Kurai demanded, passing Joey the wooden crate.

"But!"

Kurai ran towards the establishment, throwing his cigarette onto the ground, and crushing it under his foot in the process with Joey remaining behind, a concerned expression on his face.

WC: 566
Back to top Go down
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Skill Sheet
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 pm

The outer part of the Gray Castle appeared no different than usual. It still stood up tall with only a little age to it, but the interior was a whole other story at this point....

Inside of the establishment, the area where all customers would come in to eat was completely trashed! Tables were knocked over, some chairs were destroyed, glass everywhere from destroyed plates, cups, and utensils. Customers who were in there to eat as well as the staff of this establishment were now cowering in fear by the walls as five shady looking fellows stood around, four of them with baseball bats in hand, and the fifth who appeared to be leading them wearing a pair of brass knuckles.

"This place is a dump!" one of the thugs claimed sarcastically before going back to knocking things around with his bat as three of the other thugs laughed, dawning sinister grins on their faces.

One of the customers attempted to sneak out, but was quickly caught by the collar of his neck by the thug with the brass knuckles, bringing him to eye level with an evil smirk. "Where do you think you're going, mate!? Come on, stick around a while." he said to the terrified man before throwing him against a wall with an audible thud! "We might run out of things...to break." the leading thug claimed, eyeing each of the customers while the other thugs snickered, and laughed.

Just then the door crept open, causing them all to get quiet.

"Oi Oi. I leave for half an hour, and this place becomes a shit show...."

Kurai stood at the door for a few seconds as he observed his surroundings with his expression remaining surprisingly tame. The four thugs with bats stood up from what they were doing, all watching Kurai as he walked a few feet from the door with hands in his pockets. Th fifth thug rose his head up intimidatingly while making his way towards the red head.

"Homura "Da Mad Dog" Kurai" the thug said almost sarcastically.

A Cook's Ambition Fvcj1f-c_400x400

"Bobby Fisher...Didn't I tell you to never to call me that again?" Kurai asked, both appearing to know each other.

"Well you know what they say, Kurai. You can leave the streets, but the streets will always find you. You should know this better than any of us." Bobby claimed, making his way to a broken table before sitting on it. "....Your mommy certainly did." he continued, taunting the redhead with a grin on his face while the other thugs laughed. One of Kurai's eyebrows briefly twitched to that comment, but still he kept cool.

"So then...what do I owe this...whatever this is to?"

"Think of this more as an....invitation back into the Red Hot Muerte. We caught wind that you were planning on leavin soon. Come on, man! You can't just turn your back on family like that." Bobby claimed, shaking his head. "The Red Hot Muerte? Thought that gang died along with my mom." Kurai said, his tone not at all amused. A small chuckle then escaped his mouth at the sudden realization. "Shaha, wait don't tell me. You're trying to revive it? You're barely even fit to lead those shameless displays." Kurai commented, pointing at the the four other thugs who just looked at each other in confusion.  Bobby gritted his teeth before hopping off of the table.

"You have no right to say shit after turning your backs on us!"

"THAT WAS NEVER ME!!" the red head's temper finally flared, causing him to clench his fists as he went quiet. "Not anymore. I walked away from that life for a reason. It wasn't worth it. I was going no where." Kurai said, taking a few steps back before holding his arms out as if he were gesturing the entire room. "This....is my life." he claimed, resting his arms back to his sides.

"What, working in this hellhole?"

"No. Being a cook. Unlike you lot, I have goals. REAL goals that I am going to see to."

Bobby shook his head, and just started laughing. "Whatever, man. Say what you want man, but you can't escape this. You're a lowly criminal just like the rest of us, and deep down you know it. Always have, and always will be, my dude."

"Hey, you're wrong about Kurai!" another more country like voice came in. It was Joey who held the crate on top of his head with a serious expression on his face. Kurai softly sighed in annoyance before turning his head towards Joey, ready to scowl him for not staying outside, but soon saw the look in the blond's eyes, leaving the redhead speechless.

"Sure, Kurai can be a bit grouchy....well A LOT grouchy....all the time...." Kurai just gave Joey a deadpan look. "But he's came a long way since we first met, and became brothers! He is a cook, and a damn good one at that!" Joey stated as he looked over to Kurai who actually looked a bit surprised. Joey then dawned his usual grin, causing Kurai to slightly smile in return. Bobby glared at Joey, almost as if he were envious before punching the nearest wall with his brass knuckles, creating more damage, and catching the two brother's attention.

"Kay then. Guess we'll just have to trash the both of ya....then everyone else here!!"

Last edited by Birb on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Skill Sheet
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm

After that being said, the other four thugs with sadistic grins on their faces started making their way towards with Kurai with bats in hand. The redhead simply dug his hands into pockets, appearing to relax his upper body some while he eyed them quietly. Soon one of the thugs went from running to full on sprinting towards Kurai while raising his bat up in the air in an attempt to swing it down, but before he could, the thugs was met with a swift upper kick to the chin, forcing the thug's head up while disorienting him! With that opportunity, Kurai swiftly kicked the thug in the chest hard, sending him flying back against a wall much to Bobby, and the other three thug's surprise!

"So....it's true then." Bobby muttered under hiss breathe while the remaining three thugs started their dash towards Kurai.

The red headed cook quickly pulled his hands from his pockets, and got into a handstand position. With his legs spread out on opposite sides, he started spinning, catching the now within range thugs by surprise with his spinning kicks, each of them getting knocked unconcious in the process. With those sorry displays out of the way, Kurai stood himself back up while some of the hostages, and Joey began to cheer, but the victory was shortly stopped by a loud,

"SHUT UP!" from Bobby who quickly rushed towards Kurai in an attempt to punch him with his brass knuckles. Luckily the cook was able to block the attempted strike with his foot, the bottom of his shoe, and Bobby's brass knuckles now colliding. Bobby looked at Kurai with fury in his eyes while Kurai gave one in return, not as obvious as Bobby's however. "So it's true then. You gave up using your hands. Just to be a pansy, and use your feet!?" Bobby taunted before attempting to strike Kurai with his free hand only for the cook to immediately back up out of the way.

Kurai looked down at the palm of his hands, shaking his head slightly. "I do not wish to soil these hands anymore, or risk losing them. Without these hands..." he looked back up to Bobby before clenching his fists. "I wouldn't be able to cook."

"ENOUGH OF THAT SHIT!" Bobby roared before lunging at Kurai, a punch finally connecting, and bruising the side of the cook's face. "Kurai!!" Joey yelled. He clenched his fists, and was just about ready to help Kurai, but stopped. Kurai appeared as if he were about to fall over, but instead backed up a bit, and was able to regain his footing. Kurai now looked at Bobby with a furious grin of his own. He then raises one of his legs up towards, Bobby in a bent form before quickly stretching it out over, and over, kicking the remaining thug multiple times in a barrage before sending him to the ground with one final kick....putting a stop to last of this disturbance.
Back to top Go down
Birb
First Generation
First Generation
Birb

Skill Sheet
Skill 3:

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm

A few moments later, four of the thugs were seen being comically throw out of the Gray Castle, all of them still unconcious as Kurai stood by the entrance dusting his hands off. Bobby who was now bruised up left the place on his own, walking past Kurai in which both shared a glance, nothing to be said to one another.

The redhead then closed the door before turning around, and being greeted by a sudden pouncing hug from his little "brother" Joey. "The hell? Get off of me! And where did you put that crate!?" Kurai complained to the hugging Joey who simple chuckled. "You showed them bullies a thing or two! I knew you could do it, Kurai!" Joey said as he looked up to Kurai with a grin. Kurai's puzzled expression slowly turned to a small smile with a light chuckle of his own before the duo was suddenly surrounded by the grateful customers, and fellow staff members of this place! Unfortunately, Kurai was never a fan of being overwhelmed....

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!!!" Kurai yelled as everyone was comically sent flying along with Joey who was simply chuckling the entire time.

While looking around at the completely trashed place, Kurai rubbed the back of his head as he came to the conclusion..."Need to get this place cleaned up before the old man gets back..." he said, referring to his mentor/owner of this restaurant.

"AYE!!" the other staff members said in union in agreement.

"WE'LL HELP TOO!!" the devoted customers said as well. Even Joey saluted in agreement with a toothy grin on his face. Kurai couldn't help but to smile with a nod, but it slowly went away as he started to think about Bobby.....and his own mother.

-Exit-

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Cook's Ambition Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cook's Ambition   A Cook's Ambition Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cook's Ambition
Page 1 of 1