Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Hunting the Thief

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anton Lacroix

Anton Lacroix

Berries : 230,000

Hunting the Thief Empty
PostSubject: Hunting the Thief   Hunting the Thief EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Spoiler:

Anton sometimes wondered if his superiors just happened to like putting poor Anton through the wringer. Like, maybe they all were unsatisfied with their lives and decided to punch downward at their subordinates. It had been a couple of days since Anton's encounter with Butcher Klemin. Much to the surprise of others, and himself, he had actually managed to capture the pirate. This had the effect of not only raising everyone's opinion of the marines, but increasing Anton's own reputation. Though this may not be much of a boon in Anton's case.

His superiors felt that this accidental show of competence on Anton's part meant that they should give him more assignments like it. After all, why put such a talented young man on something as trivial as guard duty? Of course, Anton would have responded to it being relatively safe and quiet, but the poor red head knew better than to talk back.

There had been reports of theft springing up around the town. No actual harm had come to the civilians, but a lot of stuff had been stolen. Beli, jewels, antiques, weapons, even someone's clothes. The marines had declared their intentions to capture the thief, but so far no luck. Even constant nightly patrols had turned up nothing. This thief was proving to be a pro.

And that's where Anton came in. The young man normally dressed like someone well off, and with his timid demeanor looked like the perfect target for someone to try and rob. They decided to withdraw all of their patrols that night, and send Anton out into the streets all alone. The perfect bait.

And so, Anton was wandering the streets late that night, all by his lonesome. Sure, he had his sword with him, but he still looked rather pitiful. There was no way anyone would believe him a threat. Guess that was what his superiors had counted on. "Just frickin perfect," Anton complained as he wrapped his arms around himself to keep himself cold. This particular night happened to be very chilly, "Why did I have to be the one to do this?" He paused and suddenly sneezed. "It's so damn cold out here. I'm gonna catch a cold for sure."

"Man, really sucks to be you, huh?"

Anton nodded. "You don't kbow the half ofi-GAHWHOAREYOU!?" Anton leaped as he looked to see who was there.

Standing behind her was a young woman, probably late teens. Unlike himself, who was dressed up tight for the cold weather, her outfit was rather skimpy, showing her navel and arms. How she was able to stand the cold, Anton had no idea. But right now, he was concerned about this random girl in the street. "Y-You shouldn't be out here," Anton said, "There's a thief around."

The girl blinked before give a small laugh. "Well, if I ever see a mirror, I'll let you know. Anton was confused by her statement. Why was she so calm? Then it hit him like a tone of bricks.

This was the thief.
Back to top Go down
Anton Lacroix

Anton Lacroix

Hunting the Thief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Thief   Hunting the Thief EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Anton stared at the young woman in front of him, almost unable to believe what he was seeing. "Y-You're the thief?" he stammered. The girl smiled nodded. "That's right. Behold! You are in the presence of the great thief Kusanagi!" the young woman struck a rather ridiculous pose, and Anton swore he could hear fanfare in the back of his mind. Anton was just dumbfounded by the whole scene. He had expected to take longer to track down the thief, nor had he expected it to be someone so...perky. It was kind of amazing that she had avoided being arrested this whole time.

Anton slowly brought out his sword, not entirely​ certain how he was supposed to handle all this. "Erm, well then, Miss Kusanagi, under orders by the marines and the world government, um, you're under arrest." Kusanagi blinked in confusion, seeing the greatsword pointed at her, before bursting out laughing. "Oh yeah, that's a good one," she laughed, clutching her sides, "You...arresting me?" It took her a brief moment to regain her composure, before wagging a finger at the dumbfounded marine, "No, I don't think so. I have a better idea. Why don't you give me your valuables, and I'll be on my way?" Anton's jaw almost dropped at the audacity of this girl. Anton knew he wasn't exactly the most intimidating person, but this was just rediculous now. "Are...are you seriously trying to rob me?" The thief grinned. "Uh, yeah. That's the idea. Why do you think I approached you?"

This was just too much. Sure, being sent out here as bait was the idea, but to be talked down to and mocked by someone who was smaller than he was was just too much for Anton. He was expected to catch this girl, and Anton wanted to do exactly that just to show her up. Kind of a first considering Anton utterly hated his job.

"You're coming with me!" Anton yelled out, suddenly diving towards the girl to grab her. His hands would only grab at thin air as she moved past him with a shocking amount of speed. He tried to regain his balance, but Kusanagi kicked him firmly in the behind, knocking the poor man flat to the floor. The little thief girl laughed. "Maybe you should offer a girl dinner first before you try to take them home with you." she laughed, earning a growl from Anton as the man climbed to his feet. With a yell he tried to lunge at her again, only for the girl to nimbly dodge him. "Heehee, nice try. I think you'll find I'm harder to get than you realize. But if you want to keep at it, come and get me big guy." With a laugh she dashed off down the street. This was all a game to her! With a low growl, Anton climbed back onto his feet and took off after her. He would capture this girl!
Back to top Go down
Anton Lacroix

Anton Lacroix

Hunting the Thief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Thief   Hunting the Thief EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 am

"Get back here!" Anton yelled out, running down the street as he chased after the young thief. Kusanagi had nimbly taken to the roofs of the nearby buildings, leaping from rooftop to rooftop as Anton pursued her from below. The girl was taken enjoyment in this, treating his efforts like a joke! Normally Anton would be dejected by this, but her haughty arrogance was just pushing him on even further. But how was he going to get up there after her? He wasn't exactly the most athletic of individuals, despite the hellish training he had gone through.

Turns out he didn't really need to. Kusanagi jumped down to land before him, smirking all the while. "Not bad," she said with a grin. "Not many people are able to keep up with me like that. So, I'll tell you what. I'll let you get a shot off at me. Come on, try your best!" Anton was hating this patronizing attitude she was taking, and he knew she was just playing with him. But dammit, he would catch this snarky girl! Anton lunged at her, trying to tackle her. As expected, she dodged to the side, only for Anton to stop and suddenly swing his sword out at her. The thief girl laughed as she jumped back to avoid the blade. "Oh! Almost got it. Nice sword by the way. Kinda big though don't you think? Don't tell me you're compensating for something." Anton growled in frustration and tried to grab hold of her. Instead, he got a kick to the face for his troubles, causing him to stumble back.

"Ok, you had your chance. Time for the chase again!" she laughed, taking off into a run. Anton quickly recovered and chased after her. This time she stuck to street level, but the girl was over all faster than Anton. The pursuit took them to a warehouse of some sort, maybe a merchant's stores or something like that. Anton didn't care at this point. He just needed to catch the girl. As she ran into the building, Anton was right on her heels. Unfortunately the girl seemed to disappear amongst the crates and barrels. Anton looked around, trying to find her. Was this how Klemin felt when he had been chasing him? Though there wasn't anyone nearby that he could take hostage, not that he would want to.

"Come on out!" Anton yelled out, looking around for her. There wasn't a response...at least at first. There was a loud sound behind him, and Anton turned around just in time to see a crate falling towards him. Anton cried out as he found himself buried under a small mountain of wood.

Kusanagi jumped down to near the fallen pile of crates. "Well, that's that I guess," she said to herself, looking at the pile. "Not really sure what he thought he was doing. Seriously, that guy was a marine?" She shook her head to turned to leave. However, she stopped when she heard something shifting under the crates.

Suddenly, there was a scream of fury, and the crates seemed to explode.
Back to top Go down
Anton Lacroix

Anton Lacroix

Hunting the Thief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Thief   Hunting the Thief EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 am

Kusanagi flinched as planks and splinters flew everywhere, taking a step back to see just what was going on. Standing in the middle of the destroyed wood was Anton, panting heavily and gripping his greatsword. The young man's face was twisted into an expression of pure fury, his eyes almost bulging out of his head as they stared straight at Kusanagi. The girl would be lying if she said she wasn't a little unnerved by his expression. "Ok, guess you're a bit tougher than I thought. Sorry, but I really can't stick around. Gotta run!" she suddenly kicked up a piece of fallen wood, launching it right at Anton as a distraction. So it was more than a little unnerving when he simply swung his sword, smacking the piece of wood aside. Anton's eyes locked on the now nervous thief.

"Get. Back. HEEEEERRRRREEEE!"

Kusanagi screamed and suddenly broke into a run. As soon as she did, Anton took off after her, shrieking like a banshee and swinging his sword wildly. The girl had pushed him past the breaking point. Any semblance of nervousness and low confidence had been overshadowed by unyielding rage. It was uncertain just what he would do if he got a hold of her, and it was that uncertainty that suddenly made Kusanagi so terrified. What happened to the nervous, timid man she was toying with? Why did she decide to pick on the one guy who happened to be mentally unbalanced? Even thought she was faster than him, Kusanagi felt like he was closing in on her.

As she ran through the streets, she burst through a large pair of gates and collided head long into someone. Both man and woman tumbled to the ground in a heap. Kusanagi groaned and looked back, only to find Anton barreling down towards her. The girl yelped and hid behind the mystery man. for protection. "Help me!" The man blinked, seeing Anton coming and quickly moved to intercept. Anton yelled and flailed in fury as the man tried to hold him back from assaulting the young woman.

"What seems to be going on here?" Kusanagi looked over to see a marine. Never in her life had she been so relieved. "You've got to help me! This madman is trying to kill me!" "THIEF!" Anton yelled out, trying to get past the other man, also a marine, "THIEF! DIE! KILL!" He had lost the ability to form a rational sentence. The marine looked down at the girl. "He's claiming you're a thief." Kusanagi paled, "He's insane! He just started attacking me out of nowhere!" The marine nodded, "Really now? Because I've never known seaman Anton Lacroix to suddenly start attacking people." Kusanagi blinked at the title. So, he really was a marine? Suddenly she realized just what was going on. She suddenly turned to run only to find just where she had run to in her panic.

The Loguetown navel base. And there were more marines coming out due to the commotion. Suddenly, she felt a hand grip her shoulder. "Miss, I think you should come with me."

Kusanagi gave a small whimper as she was led away. Meanwhile Anton, still boiling with rage, was dragged away by a couple of marines. An hour in solitary and a meeting from the commander eventually calmed him down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting the Thief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Thief   Hunting the Thief Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting the Thief
Page 1 of 1