Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Dice Rolling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiroko
First Generation
First Generation
Hiroko

Berries : 2,385,000

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:11 pm

This isn't actually a suggestion, well, I'm not sure, it's more like a personal opinion. I remember in Romance Dawn, there was a dice for Haki, Linage and Fruit. I've been in other one piece rp's (not much though) and I gotta say, it was wonderful to have those dices. I really really liked them, but again, that's my opinion, I don't like it when 50% of the population has a logia.
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Berries : 22,300,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't like dice rolling for fruit because theres a lot of fruits and its too high of a chance that youll end up with a fruit you don't want. I do however agree with the fact that logias should be harder to obtain as well as mythical and ancient zoans. I think the only way someone should be able to claim one of named dfs would be to show that they have the rp skill and etiquette required to use one as well as achieving a certain rank in which they could "find" one or could create a new character with one.
Back to top Go down
Hiroko
First Generation
First Generation
Hiroko

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Maybe, you could have a dice for logias and mythical, but leave zoans and paramecia for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Dice for fruit just isn't a great idea.

If someone wants a specific fruit and doesn't get it, how do you think they would react? I myself would be pretty unhappy.
Back to top Go down
Hiroko
First Generation
First Generation
Hiroko

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:35 pm

I mean, a dice like 60% no logia or mythical, 30% logia, 10% mythical. Something like that, but para and zoan should be automatic
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Rp is suppose to be about having the ability to have tons of choices. Limiting stuff to a dice roller that has no reason to be on a dice roller eliminates that.
Back to top Go down
Hiroko
First Generation
First Generation
Hiroko

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Welp, that was only my opinion, but I still think there has to be a specific way to limit mythical and logias.
Back to top Go down
Nine the Conqueror

Nine the Conqueror

Berries : 415,000

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:54 pm

I agree with both, I totally like the idea of dices, but in fact, this are big limiters. I really don't care if there are dices or not. But I do hate when people want to have always mythical zoans, or ancient zoans, or even logias. This fruits seem to be too "wanted" by the people. It's true that in Rp's people are free to choose, but we will always have limiters, and I think that nothing bad will happen with dices as a limiter.
My Opinion o-o/
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Hiroko wrote:
Welp, that was only my opinion, but I still think there has to be a specific way to limit mythical and logias.

Nine the Conqueror wrote:
I agree with both, I totally like the idea of dices, but in fact, this are big limiters. I really don't care if there are dices or not. But I do hate when people want to have always mythical zoans, or ancient zoans, or even logias. This fruits seem to be too "wanted" by the people. It's true that in Rp's people are free to choose, but we will always have limiters, and I think that nothing bad will happen with dices as a limiter.
My Opinion o-o/

Exactly and if you say people have to show a certain skill(in which you give them tips how to improve or what they should work on) and they must achieve a certain rank before they could claim one would make it so there aren't a lot of people with one from the get go and would require it to be earned.
Back to top Go down
Nine the Conqueror

Nine the Conqueror

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Are you trying to say that if you want to have one of this fruits you have to reach a rank or something?
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:17 am

Are you trying to say that if you want to have one of this fruits you have to reach a rank or something?

Exactly you have to rp with your character, and after showing a certain amount of skill and achieving a certain rank set by staff you could get a logia, myth or ancient zoan.
Back to top Go down
Ryandurbur

Ryandurbur

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:47 am

Dice Rollers for Haki and Lineage particularly work out well. Dice Rollers for Fruits however have failed every time they have even been implemented and or discussed. I've noticed that people are more apt to leave when there are FRUIT dice rollers, and with a new site like this, it definitely will NOT benefit from a dice roller on Fruits. It will greatly increase the rate at which people come and go.
Back to top Go down
Nine the Conqueror

Nine the Conqueror

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 am

Hm... That's very true Ryan, but we do need a fruit limiter. Anyway staff should be working with that already.
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 am

Hm... That's very true Ryan, but we do need a fruit limiter. Anyway staff should be working with that already.

easiest limiter there is, is what i've already said. I've witnessed its success on many occasions.

Say you have rank f,e,d,c,b,a and the rule is "Since it is known how overpowered certain types of fruits like logias as well as mythical/ancient zoans, they will not be available until you've reached rank D(or c) with one of your characters. At that point if you have not already eaten a fruit you could thread the gaining of a fruit, or just say oh hey i ate this fruit at some point between threads or create a new character with one of the fruits.

Make people work for it, examine their rp, dedication, etc before determining if they should be allowed one. Obviously the guy who goes " I create a lightning bolt in my hand and throw it into his heart" isn't going to be getting one till after some practice.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

I mostly agree with Ser. I don't really care for leaving too much up to chance such as dice-rolling. In the event that two people just happened to want the same devil fruit then perhaps there could then be a dice-roll or a coin flip to decide who actually receives it. Personally I have had the most fun RPing when there's more freedom to be who/what you want to be so long as you've earned it. It's fun to gradually grow strong enough to get a significant power up,but it also limits what you're capable of at first and makes for a pretty low level RP. The whole point of Roleplaying (in my opinion) is to be able to appreciate the world it's set in and play the character of your creation. The most essential element of the RP is storytelling/creative writing. I love the freedom to be who I want to be, with the powers I've imagined them with,but that works best when it's been shown that they're properly prepared for them. So, having specific Devil fruit tests, and tests for Haki would be appreciated for me. That way you can be strong on your own beforehand and the powerups act as incentive to practice your writing and become more integrated in the site and with the other RPers. So, maybe tell your own story of how you found the fruit/earned it, have a suitably well written battle thread (with an admin judge), or just what you went through to unlock your inert Haki. That's only my opinion, sorry to be long winded, just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dice Rolling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling   Dice Rolling Empty

Back to top Go down

Dice Rolling
Page 1 of 1