Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Yume Yume No Mi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mari Kuribayashi

Mari Kuribayashi

Position : -

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Yume Yume No Mi Devils10

Name: Yume Yume no Mi(Dream Dream Fruit)
   Element: Illusions
   Style: Paramecia-type Devil Fruit.
   Description: The dream-dream fruit, is a paramecia-type devil fruit, that upon activation, creates a space known as the dream zone that is 10 meters in diameter(As Mari gets more powerful and levels up, the size of the dream zone space will increase in size). Inside the dream zone, Mari is able to utilize the full extent of her devil fruits powers at her current rank. This particular devil fruit has the ability to trap Mari's opponents into a dream world where they are put into an illusion induced trance that makes them believe they are dreaming. These "dreams" do mostly mental and psychological damage to anyone who becomes ensnared in the dream dream fruit's dreamy trap. Naturally, anyone has the power to simply walk outside the dream zone if they can figure out how to escape. More powerful opponents, if mentally strong enough, can easily "will" their way out of the dreams they have been trapped in. Due to the dream zone's small range of coverage, the most people who can be brought inside it including Mari herself, is at most five.
   Special Abilities:
+ Dream Zone
It is the main specialty of the dream dream fruit. This space is created upon the activation of Mari's devil fruit powers. It's 10 meter diameter space capable of catching at most five opponents at a time including Mari. As soon as one has entered this space, they automatically are under the impression that they are dreaming despite being awake. The dream zone allows Mari to use her techniques on all those within the dream zone.

+ Dream Immunity
Being the user of this particular devil fruit and being the one in control, Mari has complete immunity to her own Devil Fruit's powers when inside the dream zone.

+ Dreamy Camouflage
Inside the dream zone, Mari is able to blend into the surroundings so those inside don't notice her. This ability is even able to hide her aura completely from weaker enemies. However, enemies of the same caliber or higher, can easily find where she's hiding inside the dream zone.

Name: Belle Rêve
   Description: (literally meaning "Beautiful Dream") When inside the dream zone, Mari can put this technique to use. Just as the name states, the opponent(s) are trapped inside a beautiful dream. Where they experience a beautiful paradise that brings their deepest desires to them and make them believe that they are real. This tech puts the victims in a state a pure bliss, causing them to loose their will to fight for it's duration. Note, that they are dreaming but are technically wide awake. They are simply in an illusion induced trance.
   Strengths:
   + Causes opponents to loose their will to fight
   + Gives Mari the upper hand to use her brute strength to cause physical damage to her opponents while they are trapped in the "dream".

Weaknesses:
   - Opponents of equal or higher caliber can snap themselves out of the dream through sheer willpower.
   - No other techniques can be used while this technique is active.
   -Cannot affect anyone outside the dream zone's range of coverage.

Duration: N/A
   Cooldown: 2 posts more than the duration

Name: Des Enfers Rêve
   Description: (literally meaning "Hellish Dream") Inside the dream zone, when Mari uses this particular technique, the opponents inside the space are sent into an illusion induced trance that will show a hellish and terrifying nightmare, where they experience their worst fears. This "nightmare" damages the victims mind psychologically, and also zap their energy by 5% once every post that they are having the nightmare. So not only do they loose the will to fight, but the energy as well. This makes them easy picking for Mari to cause physical damage to them while they're pretty much defenseless.
   Strengths:
   + Causes psychological damage, making them loose their will to fight.
   + Zaps 5% of the victim(s) energy once every post this technique is active.
   Weaknesses:
   - No other techniques may be used while this one is active.
   - Opponents of equal or higher caliber, are able to snap out of the trance with their sheer will power.
   - Cannot affect those outside the range of the dream zone's coverage.
   Cooldown: 2 posts more than the duration.

Name: Day Dream
   Description: While inside the dream zone, Mari can put all enemies within it to sleep for a shot while to recover her HP. Mari must remain in the center of the dream zone in meditative pose and focus completely on recovering her HP. In other words, she cannot move until she's recovered enough to continue fighting. Once she stands, all those who were put to sleep, wake back up and re-enter the natural trance that the dream zone induces on all those within it.
   Strengths:
   + Able to knock out all those inside the dream zone.
   +Allows Mari to recover 5% of her HP every 3 posts this technique is active.

Weaknesses:
   -Anyone of equal or higher caliber, can wake up through their will power.
   -In order to use this technique and keep it in affect, Mari must remain completely still. This leaves her open to attacks from more powerful enemies that broke through her technique.
   -This technique does zero damage
   Cooldown: 2 posts more than the duration.

Name: Dreamy Doppelganger
   Description: Inside the dream zone, Mari can create two exact copy images of herself that are connected to her mind. This causes them to completely mimic her every action and word. They are simply used to confuse enemies in order to buy her time for coming up with a plan of attack.
   Strengths:
   + Creates two perfect and exact copy images of Mari to confuse her enemies.
   + Is a great distraction to buy time.

Weaknesses:
   - These copies can do no damage to opponents. They can't attack or use any of Mari's abilities or techniques
   - Opponents of equal or higher caliber have little to no trouble figuring out which one is the real Mari.
   - Zoan Devil Fruit users of any caliber can sniff out her real body.
   Cooldown: 2 more posts than the duration.

Last edited by Mari Kuribayashi on Wed May 04, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://fairytailevolutionrp.forumotion.com/
Mari Kuribayashi

Mari Kuribayashi

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 pm

bump! Ready for grading Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 am

First off, very interesting fruit choice. I had been pondering this very fruit concept and how I might apply it to an NPC, but I think you could find equally if not greater purposes for it.

In the strengths:
Please explain what you mean by a 'mole' which keeps them from realizing the dream (is this an npc? what is it capable of? )

In the Weaknesses: You say she can only put "multiple people" to sleep, this is going to require some specification. Multiple could range from 2 to 2000. Could you please give me an idea.
You mention that the user cannot be killed in the dream, like the dreamer, but you'd not mentioned that the dreamer could be killed at all. Are the illusions as damaging as the dreamer believes they are or is it only mental damage they receive?

Now, I like this conceptually, but to be able to knock someone out completely by touching them is too unbalanced for you or them. Either you attempt to engage them and can't make contact (and thus cannot activate your power) or they are contacted and are trapped irresistibly within the illusion. It's helpful that high level opponents may 'will' their way out, but if you challenge anyone weaker than yourself then they are at too unfair a disadvantage. The sea water is a fine limitation,but access to it would be a bit too rare on most island encounters.

I'm sorry,but I can't approve an instant knockout ability like "Day Dream". If this is for recovery purposes as you say,then it should be limited by the persons willingness to accept treatment, otherwise you could knock someone out and simply attack them while they slept defenselessly.

My suggestion to counter much of these points would be to create a 'dream zone' to interact in rather than forced by touch. In this way you would have access to an area (something akin to the Ope Ope Room). In this way stronger opponents or weaker opponents would both have opportunity to resist by exiting the area (though still requiring some willpower to acknowledge the fact of the dream). This wouldn't force people unconscious,but could allow the illusions you desire with a more practical use for yourself and others. This would also fit your doppelgangers thematically as well (so long as you're in the area you could produce the illusion for yourself). For the sake of not giving you a truly godly power so easily I would say (if you accepted this Dream Zone idea) that either the illusions be somewhat limited (otherwise you create absolutely anything you'd like without limit) or have the zone's dimensions smaller to begin with and expanding over time as you level up.

I know that was a lot to take in, but it is a fascinating fruit. I just want to make sure it can be used powerfully,but not in an unfair manner. What say you?
Back to top Go down
Azure Snow
The Owner
The Owner
Azure Snow

Position : Marine Captain
Berries : 135,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1: Heaven's Nodachi
Skill 2: Gun Blade Style
Skill 3:

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:16 am

Damn it.. I edited the actual one again.. Anyways. it works. Once you fix those things bump again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeweledseas.com
Mari Kuribayashi

Mari Kuribayashi

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptyWed May 04, 2016 11:11 pm

bump! pretty much re-wrote my entire fruit, i think it's MUCH better this time, but I shall let staff be the judge of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:42 am

Alright, we're back at it!I've dreamed of this day :p So, as I've said,I love the fruit concept and the naming as well (love when people include other languages).

I know her presence occupies one of her 5 allotted spaces,but is she required to be within the dream-scape for her abilities to remain active?

Now, I really like the draining aspect of Des Enfers Rêve ,though at rank F it may be a bit much. It may seem irrelevant,but could you swap its tier with one of the D ranks you have (Dreamy Doppleganger would seem fitting). Also, a permanent drain effect even for a thread is quite potent, especially if they're truly drawn into the effect of the nightmares. I can allow for the drain,but I feel an increased regeneration of willpower (or whatever you seem to be draining) will be effective immediately once they exit the Dream Zone (this way you'd still have an opportunity to make use of the psychological damage done even once they're out for a time,but they won't be completely defeated once they're trapped in the zone too long). Also, which stat(s) is being influenced by this drain?

With Day Dream I can't allow for a complete knockout outright. I think possibly an enticing atmosphere with a gradual drowsiness effect which could allow the option for one to escape,but has the effect of drawing them in if they're weak of will. It's just a low-level knockout ability is quite a threat.

Give those a go and see if we can move you on shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yume Yume No Mi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yume Yume No Mi   Yume Yume No Mi Empty

Back to top Go down

Yume Yume No Mi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jeweled Seas: New Wave :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: