Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Shunkou - Primary Skill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamina Newton

Kamina Newton

Berries : 10,500,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Shunkou - Primary Skill Empty
PostSubject: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Name: Kaminari Fighting Style: Shunkou
Element: Lightning
Style: Martial Arts
Description: The Kaminari fighting style, a battle path carved by Kamina Newton, uses the entirety of the body to fight, utilising a style that focuses on adaptability and being robust along with the usage of strong and hardened limbs. The blows themselves focus on powerful, quick strikes, akin to that of lightning, some of the stronger blows generating loud booming noises akin to that of thunder, the fighting styles namesake. As a refined martial art, Kaminari's blows tend to revolve around strong, calculated moves that use both of Kamina's arms and legs. Advanced uses of this technique involve storing and using the friction caused by these blows to generate lightning around her arms, adding elemental damage to the blows for added power.
Special Abilities: [-] Can coat her limbs in electricity with varying degrees, which can be used for an assortment of effects.
[-]Blows can generate powerful blasts of sound, akin to thunder, which can help disorientate opponents.
[-]This is focused as an actual martial art and comes with the added effects of having those abilities, such as being able to make strong counters and blocks.
[-]The basis behind the stronger techniques is being able to take on the properties that lightning holds by taking on various "Shunkou" stances, leading to an assortment of effects.
[-]She can focus her energy into creating powerful blows, resulting in assortment of effects, such as ranged blasts of energy.

F Class Techniques:

D Rank:

D Rank:

B Rank:

Last edited by Kamina Newton on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Okie doke, do we have a fellow Bleach fan here, perhaps? :p I like the theme of the style, but to be able to take half damage from melee as a default bonus is a bit too much (perhaps a later blocking technique) and melee is very general.

Kaminari Kenpou: Strike seems fine, but please specify what you mean by the unpleasant time among the weaknesses.

Honestly I don't see anything to complain about from the others. On a separate note entirely, I've been offering people another chance to boost themselves in rank or power. If that interests you (and you have a very smooth writing style which ought to benefit you) then please head on over and provide a sample RP (of the role you'd like) and maybe we can give you a kickstart,Kamina. Here's the link:Promotion?
Back to top Go down
Kamina Newton

Kamina Newton

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 4:45 pm

~Edited!

I appreciate the offer, but i'd prefer not to start off with any sort of immediate status. Is it possible to apply simply for the level buff?
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 am

I don't see why not. It was originally intended to be a way to fill out some of the titles out there, but I wanted to re-instigate it for the sake of boosting some of our newer members so they can get into the adventure easier. So, if you still wanted to offer a sample in whatever role you would like to be (entitled or otherwise) go right ahead. :)

As for your abilities, the skills themselves are fine to me. The only thing is, and I'm sorry I keep interfering with your default bonuses,but the replacement bonus of iron skin is a bit too overpowered. That's basically Tekkai which is a much higher level technique. I can allow a decent damage reduction via training (maybe even offering more damage reduction as her level increases) however having 'iron' as the base is too much. Think you might be able to shift that?Then we'll ship you out.
Back to top Go down
Kamina Newton

Kamina Newton

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Added in new techniques from the new levels I gained. I also forgot about tekkai completely, sorry about that ^^;

For the change in effect, I'm not really sure what I could have put in there, so the one I currently have... it'll have to do!
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:17 am

Sorry, for my delay, first off I believe you have been handicapping yourself (or are still working on it and I am unaware). Each rank/tier you receive will offer 3primary skills (you have only the one for each following F :) ). But, on we go

Current I recently turned down someone's ability based off of too many strikes for too low a tier, however I like to offer some flexibility at a cost. I think as a lighting/thunder based skillset speed is a need, but for a tier D to do so many strikes with so little a cost is too much. As such I think 2 rapid strikes at 2 post cooldown is fine, but allow for 2 extra strikes per extra post of cooldown (to a maximum of 5 post cooldown with the full shebang).

Roaring Cannon seems strong,but still fairly low level. With that in mind (along with its large range) I would ask that you add an extra post to cooldown.

Dragon Wreath cool theme, but I think the petrification weakness is too specific (wouldn't occur enough to count) as such, perhaps as long as she cannot maintain focus (from concussion,mental attacks,exhaustion,or petrification) she cannot produce the same charge up vibrations required? If that's what you meant and I misread, then sorry. Also, what kind of extra damage are we looking at?Can you give me some sense of the boost offered?

How's that sound,Kami?
Back to top Go down
Kamina Newton

Kamina Newton

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:51 am

All of the above should be covered, my sole concern is that i'm not exactly following what you mentioned as me self-nerfing myself. Would you mind elaborating on what you meant, since I thought I was only allowed one primary skill.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Sorry for the wait, as I've been telling people I've had home renovations and have become rather sick for some time. Anyway, I think Current isn't quite aligning with what I had thought ,but I think it roughly shakes out.

Well, as I recently discussed with Marcel, I believe you earn 3 techniques for each rank (which can be divided between primary and secondary skills if you so choose). If you had a secondary skillset in mind, then by all means. I was just letting you know that you could have more techniques for each rank if this was where you would be putting your efforts and energy toward.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shunkou - Primary Skill   Shunkou - Primary Skill Empty

Back to top Go down

Shunkou - Primary Skill
Page 1 of 1