Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orlan Gyst

Orlan Gyst

Berries : 6,000,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1: Lycaonian Combat Arts
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:01 am

Lycaonian Combat Arts

Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] Dire_wolf_sketch_by_thequezot-d5na45k

Skill Name: Lycaonian Combat Arts

Skill Type: First Stage: Hand to Hand Combat / Second Stage: Large Sword Combat

Skill Information: Primordial Evil given form and technique. Earlymen found a way to channel Primeval Energy from the Entity known as "Amatsu Mikaboshi" into young generations of warriors but often the process would fail due to the Darkness erupting from its host or consuming them entirely, causing mass deaths. So they choose to transform their hosts into a creature more fitting for these powers, Lycanthropes. Thus the Lycaonian Combat Arts became a means for the warriors given the Primeval Energy to harness their new found strengths to the fullest, with an array of skills suited to their new found brutish forms. The Primeval Energy coursing through the veins of these warriors can be seen in their distinctive eyes. Brute strength and stunning speed coupled by inhuman senses and agility make them the ultimate warriors on the field of battle. Those who have mastered the skill past the First Stage can wield Large Swords in one hand at the mastery of the Second Stage, giving them further striking power and Long Range capability.

Skill Strengths:
- Primeval Energy - Primordial Evil which existed before there was any living creatures, seeks to devour purity in the world. (Damage increase by Half when fighting Pure Hearted Humans, those who have anyone of these traits; positive morals or a kind heart)

- Thick Body - The bulky bodies of these warriors provide adequate protection, but leaves them further exposed; a passive which reduces Damage from Physical attacks from the same Tier by Half, but increased Projectile Damage from the same Tier by Half.

- Ferocity - These warriors feverishly crave the thrill of battle, seeking larger confrontations as a result. (Last Technique with a cooldown of 4 or less used against a different opponent in the same thread receives a 2 post cooldown when facing more than 1 opponent in a single thread)

- Primal Strength - Displays vast reserves of savage strength in response to their large size and growing power. (Tier 1 to 2 Melee attacks break F Class armor, but can only break D class armor twice in a single thread; Tier 3 - 5 Melee attacks break C class armor 3 times in a single thread, twice for B class armor and once for A class armor in a single thread respectively)

- Hunter's Trail - User possess inhuman tracking ability, able to follow a scent for long periods of time. (Opponents hidden behind structures can be targeted for 3 separate posts in a single thread)

- Lucian Pride - User refuses to yield even when facing steep odds.(Damage increase by Half when facing one or more opponents of a higher Tier, For 1 post once per thread)

- Darkness - A Shade of malevolent energy spread by a few attacks by the user of this Technique. Along with the blinding effect it has on opponents, the user's movement cannot be followed for the duration of this effect on the field.

Skill Weaknesses:
- Light element Technique based attacks are inconvenient, dealing a bit more damage.

- Fire element Technique based attacks are bothersome, dealing a bit more damage.

- Cannot use shields, can block with Forearms/Large Swords.

- Only Short Range attacks (5 to 10 meters) and Mid Range attacks (15 to 20 meters). Long Range attacks (60 to 70) unlocked at Second Stage Only.

- Dark elements are unaffected by Primeval Energy, while still taking Half damage from Melee attacks.

- Cyborgs are unaffected by Primeval Energy, while still taking Half damage from Melee attacks.

Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] DGm0KFC

T1 Technique Name: Lycaonian Charge Sweep
T1 Technique Type: Melee / Short to Mid Range 5 - 20 Meters
T1 Technique Cool Down: 4 Posts
T1 Technique Information: Primeval Energy forms razor sharp claws at their fingertips as their arm grows twice in size. They charge forward with a sudden burst of speed to deliver a horizontal sweeping strike spanning 10 meters. Can be used with arms or legs. Can strike up to 2 opponents within range.
T1 Technique Strengths:  
- Strong enough to Knockback opponents 5 meters.
- Moves 10 meters closer to the targets.
- Causes Mild Structural Damage within range.
- Strikes up to 2 opponents who happen to be 10 meters apart.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- 1 Tier higher Opponents can dodge this technique easily.
- Cannot change direction once the charge begins.
- Because the technique is horizontal, it leaves user vulnerable to a quick horizontal attack from a same Tier opponent to the opposite thigh to the hand used to strike. (For Just 1 post)
- If the technique misses user is vulnerable to a quick vertical attack from a same Tier opponent to the shoulder of the arm used to strike after Technique ends. (For 1 post)

T1 Technique Name: Amatsu Descendant Aura
T1 Technique Type: Support - Field/ Self Defense / Short to Mid Range 5 - 20 Meters
T1 Technique Cool Down: Lasts 3 posts, cooldown of 4.
T1 Technique Information: Primeval Energy begins to clad only the user's body in a layer of protection which prevents harm to the user for its duration while covering a 20 meter radius in Darkness centered from the user; The layer of Primeval Energy is 12 Inches Thick.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Halves the Damage from attacks until Technique fades.
- Shrouds the surrounds in Darkness from 5 to 20 meters blinding opponents for the technique's duration.
- Negates Dark based elemental attacks of the same Tier.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Light element Technique based attacks of the same Tier negate the Aura completely dealing full damage.
- Light element Technique based attacks of the same Tier strike with a bit more damage with one quick attack for a short while after this Technique ends. (For 1 post only)
- Fire element Technique based attacks of the same Tier strike with a bit more damage with one quick attack for a short while after this Technique ends. (For 1 post only)

T1 Technique Name: Lycaonian Sweeping Uppercut
T1 Technique Cool Down: 2 Posts
T1 Technique Information: User strikes upward from a swift charge to strike opponent with 4 razor sharp claws made of Primeval Energy on each hand. Can be used on upper body parts only. The Technique has a 5 to 20 meter radius.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Quick to Use.
- Cannot be blocked from 10 meters by opponents of the same Tier, yet avoidable from 10 to 20 meters by opponents of the same Tier.
- Moves 5 meters closer to opponents.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Can be avoided completely by an opponent 1 Tier higher.
- Leaves belly open for a quick attack from a same Tier opponent since user's arm rises upward to strike. (For Just 1 post)
- Leaves feet open for a quick attack from a same Tier opponent after the Technique ends. (For Just one post)

T1 Technique Name: Lycaonian Brute Fang
T1 Technique Cool Down: 2 posts
T1 Technique Information: User gathers Primeval Energy in their maw, producing 4 sets of 3 inch canines along with upper and lower rows of razor sharp serrated teeth. User jumps swiftly then dives to deliver a downward mauling with their gaping maw. Can be used on upper body only.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Can knockdown opponents within 15 meters.
- Moves 10 meters closer to opponents.
- Quick to Use.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Can be blocked or countered with a Shield or Sword weapon of Class D or C.
- Leaves user open for an attack from a same Tier opponent on all sides except the front since they are using their front teeth.(For Just 1 post)
- After the attack the user's back is open for a quick attack from a same Tier opponent after the Technique ends. (For one post)

T1 Technique Name: Lycaonian Primordial Onslaught
T1 Technique Type: Melee - Field/ Short to Mid Range 5 - 20 Meters
T1 Technique Cool Down: Lasts 2 posts, cooldown 6 Posts.
T1 Technique Information: The user Rampages for 2 posts while baring and lashing out with razor sharp claws and fangs of Primeval Energy. Up to 4 targets can be struck as user charges, spinning relentlessly forward in a Maelstrom of Primordial Fury. Any body part can be hit with this attack.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Causes Strong Structural Damage within range.
- Can strike up to 4 targets within range.
- Cannot be blocked from 10 meters for duration of the Technique.
- Spreads Darkness for the duration of the Technique, blinding those within 20 meters.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Light element Technique based attacks of the same Tier can see through the Darkness and strike with a bit more damage for a short while. (For Just 1 post)
- Fire element Technique based attacks of the same Tier strike with a bit more damage for a short while. (For one post)
- Projectiles of the same Tier deal a bit more damage after this technique is used for a short while. (For Just 1 post)
- Full body vulnerability to a quick attack from a same Tier opponent on the post after Technique duration for a short while. (For one post)

Last edited by Orlan Gyst on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orlan Gyst

Orlan Gyst

Skill Sheet
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 pm

BUMP!!
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

PostSubject: Re: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 pm

I have to comment on the skill's strength section. I can't accept the ability for such a significant damage boost on living creatures(Primeval Energy). Considering nearly anything you encounter will fit the category of "living creatures/persons" it is far too general a scope (certainly encompassing every other playable character you would encounter). Several of your strengths are such that they would need to be written up as separate skills themselves. Unfortunately you would not be able to have the passive ability of a shadow familiar to summon, or your multicolored opals effects. I think they are good ideas, but they would have to be written up and used separately as skills themselves. The ones I consider particularly well thought up are "Thick Body","Ferocity" and "Hunter's Trail"; those I would allow to remain as passive strengths for this skill sheet. Although, if at some point you want "Primal Strength" as a skill I would say that you would need special permission to be able to break S class armor (or perhaps, at the very least be equipped with a weapon of an equivalent class). For "Ferocity" I feel this can't quite apply to all abilities (for trump cards like the Onslaught it would be a bit unfair to be able to spam it so easily against multiple opponents: which is likely when you'd want to use it most). The effectiveness against undead also seems unneeded as the only real undead you would encounter would be related to the Kage Kage no Mi's powers.

Regarding the skills themselves I feel that 'light' is too specific a weakness for the "Ascendant Aura". I do appreciate the change from the 'Holy' element (no offense to 'Holy' things in general), but it ought to be a more general weakness there. For the uppercut it may be an exaggeration to say it cannot be blocked by opponents. As you may be fighting opponents stronger than oneself. I would argue maybe it could be unblockable by lower tiered opponents (still avoidable) and quite difficult to block for opponents of an equal tier.

Those are my critiques for now, so if you could go from there that'd be awesome. I really like this build though Smile
Back to top Go down
Orlan Gyst

Orlan Gyst

Skill Sheet
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 pm

BUMP!!

Lucky Wilshire wrote:
I have to comment on the skill's strength section. I can't accept the ability for such a significant damage boost on living creatures(Primeval Energy). Considering nearly anything you encounter will fit the category of "living creatures/persons" it is far too general a scope (certainly encompassing every other playable character you would encounter). Several of your strengths are such that they would need to be written up as separate skills themselves. Unfortunately you would not be able to have the passive ability of a shadow familiar to summon, or your multicolored opals effects. I think they are good ideas, but they would have to be written up and used separately as skills themselves. The ones I consider particularly well thought up are "Thick Body","Ferocity" and "Hunter's Trail"; those I would allow to remain as passive strengths for this skill sheet. Although, if at some point you want "Primal Strength" as a skill I would say that you would need special permission to be able to break S class armor (or perhaps, at the very least be equipped with a weapon of an equivalent class). For "Ferocity" I feel this can't quite apply to all abilities (for trump cards like the Onslaught it would be a bit unfair to be able to spam it so easily against multiple opponents: which is likely when you'd want to use it most). The effectiveness against undead also seems unneeded as the only real undead you would encounter would be related to the Kage Kage no Mi's powers.

Regarding the skills themselves I feel that 'light' is too specific a weakness for the "Ascendant Aura". I do appreciate the change from the 'Holy' element (no offense to 'Holy' things in general), but it ought to be a more general weakness there. For the uppercut it may be an exaggeration to say it cannot be blocked by opponents. As you may be fighting opponents stronger than oneself. I would argue maybe it could be unblockable by lower tiered opponents (still avoidable) and quite difficult to block for opponents of an equal tier.

Those are my critiques for now, so if you could go from there that'd be awesome. I really like this build though Smile

Thanks for the tips, really looking forward to the finished product myself, all tips welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

PostSubject: Re: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:38 am

Alright, I promise I'm almost done with you. Again, your passives are too potent. I can only approve of "Ferocity", "Thick Body" and "Hunter's Trail". While I think you did a good job honing the other passives acceptably I can't allow them as free abilities. If you wanted to combine some of those in later skills then go for it (I just can't give such strong abilities for nothing). If you could take the others out for now that would be much appreciated.

The techniques themselves are looking quite good. The only thing I can still see is with the "Onslaught" ability. I hesitate to say that anything simply "Cannot be blocked". When taking into consideration other tiers and abilities it's hard to make such an ultimate statement. If that could be "Is very difficult to block" or at the very least " Can't be blocked by lower tiers" it would be easier to swallow. I know I've been bugging you about this for a while, but you made yourself a powerful skill set and I want to make sure that it can be played fairly with everyone. I am confident you'll still be a powerful opponent to deal with, my friend.

So, if you make those slight adjustments I think I can probably stamp my approval on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]   Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lycaonian Combat Arts [WIP]
Page 1 of 1