Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Fishman Martial Arts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

Fishman Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:29 am

Fishman Martial Arts  border=" />

Finally posting this up. I know the Martial Arts are not officially made, but after speaking with Snow, she said to go ahead and post it. So, here we go. Please be gentle :3

Skill Name: Fishman Martial Arts
Skill Type: Supernatural Melee
Skill Information:
Despite the hardships Fishmen have endured over history they have developed a rich culture and have even earned some acclaim above the surface. The Fishmen Martial Arts harness a powerful control over water which is used in tandem with potent body strikes. The skill reaches unparalleled effectiveness near or within bodies of water, but it still retains mighty capability in comparatively dry areas.

Skill Strengths:
     - The piercing power of many techniques are effective against those whose defences make most    blows ineffective.
The skills offer a greater range than most martial arts, which also provides more strategic advantages and a means to catch an opponent off guard.
Usage of water can be particularly effective against Devil Fruit users ( either versus an element or via submersion).
“Shizen no katachi”: There are notable examples which take on a different form and function when provided with suitable quantities of its fundamental element: water.

Skill Weaknesses:
      -  Peak efficiency reliant on quantities of water in the vicinity
       -  Extensive use is thoroughly draining on one's stamina
      - Many techniques lack finesse: areas of effect may often lead to unwanted collateral damage (as a Marine this is an especially unwanted result). As such, usage is typically limited when in populated areas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Last edited by Lucky Wilshire on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Random

Ser Random

Berries : 22,300,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Ill do this saturday on my day off, I want to make sure everything goes accordingly then us it as basis for other apps.
Back to top Go down
Truthseeker
First Generation
First Generation
Truthseeker

Berries : 265,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:17 pm

This is most of what I thought of. I know you're a mod, so if I did something wrong tell me. Razz

Lucky Wilshire wrote:
Fishman Martial Arts  border=" />

Finally posting this up. I know the Martial Arts are not officially made, but after speaking with Snow, she said to go ahead and post it. So, here we go. Please be gentle :3

Skill Name: Fishman Martial Arts
Skill Type: Supernatural Melee
Skill Information:
Despite the hardships Fishmen have endured over history they have developed a rich culture and have even earned some acclaim above the surface. The Fishmen Martial Arts harness a powerful control over water which is used in tandem with potent body strikes. The skill reaches unparalleled effectiveness near or within bodies of water, but it still retains mighty capability in comparatively dry areas.

Skill Strengths:
     - The piercing power of many techniques are effective against those whose defences make most    blows ineffective.
The skills offer a greater range than most martial arts, which also provides more strategic advantages and a means to catch an opponent off guard.
Usage of water can be particularly effective against Devil Fruit users ( either versus an element or via submersion).
“Shizen no katachi”: There are notable examples which take on a different form and function when provided with suitable quantities of its fundamental element: water.

Skill Weaknesses:
      -  Peak efficiency reliant on quantities of water in the vicinity
       -  Extensive use is thoroughly draining on one's stamina
      - Many techniques lack finesse: areas of effect may often lead to unwanted collateral damage (as a Marine this is an especially unwanted result). As such, usage is typically limited when in populated areas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T1 Technique Name: “Uchimizu” (“Water Shot”)
T1 Technique Type: Long Range
T1 Technique Cool Down: 1 post per shot
T1 Technique Information: A collection of water congeals in the users hand. With a sufficiently powerful swing of the arm the liquid forms into a bullet-like mass (or masses) flung with great force and piercing power at a distance. The user may collect up to five 'shots' at a time, but with each subsequent shot fired the an extra post is added to the technique's cooldown.

T1 Technique Strengths:
 Provides a decent range and precision to a primarily close combat style.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
  Fairly ineffective against larger opponents.

T1 Technique Name: “Uchigawa no shio” (“Inner Tide”)
T1 Technique Type: Personal Buff
T1 Technique Cool Down: 1 post Is there a duration? Buffs usually have a duration, so it would be nice to have something like that.
T1 Technique Information:
 The martial art's greatest strength is control of liquids; this is almost entirely concerned with one's opponent, but  the users  themselves are suitable targets as well. As opposed to the harsh surge of control used to cause damage to another, proper usage can be applied to oneself for useful avoidance. With a gentler touch the user may move their bodies aside from pure muscle control (like a buoy in the surf). This may be used for better physical performance as well: higher jumps, a faster strike, etc.
T1 Technique Strengths:
Possibly the most subtle of Fishman Martial Arts' techniques, it offers a secret edge in combat unknown to the opponent which may offer an advantage in bleak circumstances.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
When used in a pinch or in a last-ditch effort, the delicate control may become unbalanced: in this way, much like it effects others in a damaging way, the user's control may backfire and harm their own body.

T1 Technique Name: “Zeitakuna shiokaze” ( “Extravagant Sea Wind”)
T1 Technique Type: Offensive Ranged
T1 Technique Cool Down: 3 posts
 Similar to the disruptive waves in the 'Seiken' techniques, using an arm or leg strike the user emits a potent shockwave (1 meter wide) several meters ahead of themselves (minimum for short range). The primary difference is the ability to curve the force released.
Aquatic Form: When in the vicinity of a body of water (no less than a pond worth: several thousand gallons) the technique is enhanced. Rather than simply creating an impulse within the atmospheric moisture, the manipulation of water can be grasped much easier. What is a beam-like emission on most land becomes something of a liquid tendril to be controlled. With this change the technique is strained to a long range technique (25 meter length and 2 meter width maximum ). This tendril may only be controlled for up to 2 posts after its formation.
T1 Technique Strengths:
The archetype of these martial arts, this technique harnesses the monstrous force and the piercing power of the art with an adaptive scope.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
The technique sacrifices a wide sweep for a smaller spread  (more of a curving beam than an entire wave). In this way, the attack is avoidable, as it relies on the manual control of the curve/tendril rather than a large enough area to encompass the target.

T1 Technique Name: “Shinkai Bakurai” (Abyssal Depth Charge”)
T1 Technique Type: Remote Area of Effect
T1 Technique Cool Down: 5 Posts or 7 posts
 A particularly destructive technique with little finesse or grace to it. Spreading their arms wide and pressing their hands together the user collects nearby water into a cannon-ball sized sphere between their hands. Much like Ursus Shock on a smaller scale, the water is placed under immense pressure between the hands, then launched forward to remotely detonate in a violent water explosion.
Aquatic Form: This technique is difficult to pull off on land, but is made all the more strenuous when used in the water. Rather than collecting the water to be used as the munition, the water is concentrated within itself and a massive bubble is violently erupted outward. The force is more potent than the land-based form, but the surrounding waters quickly dampen the force (reducing the radius to 10 meters). The Shizen no Katachi can produce devastating enough damage to ships ( the keel in particular) to subsequently cripple them with a critical enough hit.  This attack form cannot be removed from the body of water. Is it like a cavitation bubble? If so, it would usually immediately collapse, causing a lot of damage to things in a small area around it. Also, that'd be ridiculous for a T1 technique.
T1 Technique Strengths:
The offensive capability is extensive, being able to demolish the occupants of a 15 meter blast radius.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
The buildup and cool-down on the ability greatly limit it's usage in a battle. This ability may cause significant collateral damage to the arena, thus it is often not usable in urban areas.
The second form cannot directly effect opponents on the ground.

T1 Technique Name: “Umi no Ishi” (“Ocean's Will”)
T1 Technique Type: Close Range Defensive/Disruptive
T1 Technique Cool Down: 2 or 3 Posts
With the user as the epicentre of the technique, water collects and congeals around their body. At the artist's will, the liquid expands forcefully outward. This can be used to deflect projectiles or disrupt/damage nearby opponents. The effect can be used exclusively on a limb with a more limited cooldown and area (2 metres for 2 post cooldown) or encompasses the whole body for a wider effect and longer cooldown ( 6 metres for 3 post cooldown). Can this be used on opponents to keep them contained? Just a question.
T1 Technique Strengths:
A potent and abrupt strike with both offensive and defensive uses.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
The initial collection of water is easily visible by those within its vicinity.

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Just because I'm a mod that does not make me perfect XP Thank you for your help,though.

'Inner Tide' was a brief and immediate buff for a single action: a harder punch, a high jump, a minor evasion,etc. It was not meant to have elongated uses, but rather quick reactivation.

With the 'Abyssal Depth Charge' it was meant to resemble something of a cavitation bubble (cool term). It was meant to be the strongest tier 1 for me as such I attempted to give it's other form a significant cooldown, reduced range (which I could reduce further if need be) and absolutely demanding a large body of water (not likely anywhere smaller than a lake). As the Fishman Martial Arts are at their peak in water (and otherwise restrained in land-based confrontations) I felt a power boost (with proper limitations) could be acceptable.

And 'Ocean's Will' was meant for personal use only.
Back to top Go down
Truthseeker
First Generation
First Generation
Truthseeker

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Okay. The only other things are that a cavatation bubble would have a very short range (i.e. anything in contact with it.) since that's how it works in real life. I do understand that it is meant to be a semi-ranged attack, so I'll let that slide. The other thing is to change the thing to include all that and I think it'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Wait, did you think I meant anything outside the bubble being effected? If that was the case I only intended for the diameter of the bubble to be the damaging zone. Not that one would need to be within it necessarily, but the damage would not expand outside of said bubble (I only meant to emphasize the dampening effect of the body of water). With that in mind would you like me to further reduce the perimeter?
Back to top Go down
Truthseeker
First Generation
First Generation
Truthseeker

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh! That makes more sense. That works. Usually it would affect anything touching it, since when a cavatation bubble collapses, it generates light and heat rivaling that of the sun. It wouldn't be to that degree, but it would definitely affect anyone in contact or within it.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Ah,yes, I see where we had a miscommunication. I had not intended to mimic our dear friend the pistol shrimp (but you gave me an idea for a later ability :p) So, I made the specification in the description of the ability. Would you like anything else adjusted?
Back to top Go down
Truthseeker
First Generation
First Generation
Truthseeker

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Nah, I think what you have is good. I dunno if grading=approving, but consider yourself graded. XD
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Have you approved anything yet? I feel if you were given reign to grade things you were also given authority to approve. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Anyanka

Anyanka

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:09 am

The only thing im going to add, is an increase cooldown on the two with a single cooldown, if a move is instant and activates and is used on one post, then the cooldown would be one post more than that, making it two posts.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 pm

I do believe I've made the proper extensions and decreases requested (let me know if I didn't). Anyway, could I get some sort of stamp....maybe? Smile (I have tier 2 just about ready)
Back to top Go down
Truthseeker
First Generation
First Generation
Truthseeker

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

I think I can approve so...

APPROVED

No stamp (so sad)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishman Martial Arts   Fishman Martial Arts Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishman Martial Arts
Page 1 of 1