Jeweled Seas: New Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweled Seas: New Wave

A Unique AU One Piece RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Jeweled Seas! Don't Forget to check out the ARC Event!

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Empty
PostSubject: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Q3EYhga

Skill Name: Endless Love; Red Devil's Whisper
Skill Type: Mero Mero no Mi - Paramecia Devil Fruit
Skill Strengths:

• The major strength of the fruit, as demonstrated by Boa Hancock, is that the user is able to transform those who lust or love after the user into stone in varying degrees by using their "dirty thoughts". Victims that have been completely turned to stone are incapable of consciousness and susceptible to physical damage unless the user de-petrifies them.

• Petrification can also be achieved through physically striking an opponent, although the only area that is turned to stone is the contacted area, as opposed to the entire body. The power also extends to nonliving objects, including Pacifistas.

• The powers of the fruit can cause any victim(s), whether they're male or female, with feelings of lust to fall for the user as any feelings of lust they have will be strengthened and aimed towards the user, making them even more susceptible to the fruit's petrification effects.

• Apparently, once the full body petrification takes effect, the victim or victims experience a state of suspended animation where their subjective sense of time is completely halted by the fruit's power, effectively making it look to them as though time itself has stopped from the victim's point of perspective, and will last this way unless the user chooses to relinquish the petrified status of their victim.

Skill Weaknesses:

• While the fruit's powers, specifically the aforementioned technique, use the focused lust of a user's victim to fuel the petrification, if the intended targets have no sense of lust or cannot see her (such as being blind), then the powers are nullified.

• This can be achieved either by being distracted by other emotions, such as pain, bitterness and fear, or by simply lacking lust to begin with.

• There have been others (canonically) shown to be capable of resisting the fruits beauty effect, such as Smoker, Crocodile, and Dracule Mihawk; whether this means they feel attraction but have enough willpower to suppress it or they are simply too hardened to be affected by the fruit has yet to be revealed.

• While not technically a weakness itself due to the ramifications that this would have on Devil Fruit Users, individuals that are petrified (whether it be a limb or full body) can revert the petrification back to normal by submerging the body part or their full body in the sea.

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Last edited by El Draque on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anyanka

Anyanka

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:59 pm

"This is my color"

Now as a trial, another mod may take this over due to the nature of the fruit, but for now these are my thoughts"

El Draque wrote:
Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Q3EYhga

Skill Name: Endless Love; Red Devil's Whisper
Skill Type: Mero Mero no Mi - Paramecia Devil Fruit
Skill Strengths:

• The major strength of the fruit, as demonstrated by Boa Hancock, is that the user is able to transform those who lust or love after the user into stone in varying degrees by using their "dirty thoughts". Victims that have been completely turned to stone are incapable of consciousness and susceptible to physical damage unless the user de-petrifies them.

• Petrification can also be achieved through physically striking an opponent, although the only area that is turned to stone is the contacted area, as opposed to the entire body. The power also extends to nonliving objects, including Pacifistas.

• The powers of the fruit can cause any victim(s), whether they're male or female, with feelings of lust to fall for the user as any feelings of lust they have will be strengthened and aimed towards the user, making them even more susceptible to the fruit's petrification effects.

• Apparently, once the full body petrification takes effect, the victim or victims experience a state of suspended animation where their subjective sense of time is completely halted by the fruit's power, effectively making it look to them as though time itself has stopped from the victim's point of perspective, and will last this way unless the user chooses to relinquish the petrified status of their victim.

Skill Weaknesses:

• While the fruit's powers, specifically the aforementioned technique, use the focused lust of a user's victim to fuel the petrification, if the intended targets have no sense of lust or cannot see her (such as being blind), then the powers are nullified.

• This can be achieved either by being distracted by other emotions, such as pain, bitterness and fear, or by simply lacking lust to begin with.

• There have been others (canonically) shown to be capable of resisting the fruits beauty effect, such as Smoker, Crocodile, and Dracule Mihawk; whether this means they feel attraction but have enough willpower to suppress it or they are simply too hardened to be affected by the fruit has yet to be revealed.

Its not a canon weakness, but i think as we have seen sea stone/salt water negate a lot of df powers, i think for this fruit due to its permanent petrification ability, having a weakness that the sea itself can revert the petrification would be a good idea

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Tumblr_m79essdk7w1rus2q4o1_500
T1 Technique Name: Mero Mero Mellow
T1 Technique Type: Devil Fruit/Mid to Long Range (15-25 meters)
T1 Technique Cool Down: 3 posts
T1 Technique information: By forming a heart shape with the user's hands, they are capable of of launches a beam of that shape. Anyone with "impure thoughts" (lust/infatuation) hit by this beam will be turned into a stone statue (temporarily [since this is just a T1]). Any affected persons' body can be destroyed, due to the fact that it is stone.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Capable of hitting more than one target (max of 3 at T1).
- Renders body parts or people hit by the beam into a petrified status which will last for 2 posts and unpetrify on the third.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- The beam is fired in a linear path that goes in a straight line from the hole made by the user's heart shaped formation.
- The technique does not work on those that have no lust or love for the user of the technique as that is one of it's requirements.

As its a tier one skill, the max range would be ten meters, also due to it being tier 1, i would say that the beam can only petrify a total of two limbs at a time, like two arms at the same time or two limbs, it could also not do one arm and one leg, the limbs would need to be linked...if you get what i mean 0_0

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Tumblr_nb8h6bNA5e1txotz6o1_500
T1 Technique Name: Heart's Tango
T1 Technique Type: Devil Fruit/Close Combat (Physical Touch)
T1 Technique Cool Down: 3 posts
T1 Technique information: The user does a handstand and spins around in order to deliver a series of kicks. Anything she strikes, whether animate or inanimate, instantly turns into stone and, in turn, breaks from the sheer force of her kicks. Unlike her other attacks, only the immediate area around the point of contact turns to stone, not the entire object.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Causes petrification in objects (weapons, armor, non-living, etc.) and in people on the areas hit by the user's legs.
- The affected areas while petrified are capable of breaking/cracking for a duration of 2 posts (which is how long the petrification lasts for.)
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- The user cannot cause immediate damage to the afflicted areas on the post they use this technique on. (I felt this to be necessary due to the petrification of the mero-mero itself being powerful enough already and opponents should have a chance to keep the areas intact.)
- The range of this is limited to physical contact/close combat and thus is something that requires the user to go into harms reach to pull off.

How long can you remain in the handstand position for, how many people can you effect with a single use of the technique?

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Hancock%2Bpistol%2B_ni8og6uE1A1rkrmnc
T1 Technique Name: Devil Kiss (Pistol Kiss)
T1 Technique Type: Devil Fruit/Close to Long Range (10 to 30 meters)
T1 Technique Cool Down: 3 posts (plus 1 post for each shot past one)
T1 Technique information: The user is able to use a projectile-like move by blowing a kiss, creating a heart-shaped bullet to fire at their victim by aiming it with their index finger, which they then use together with some Busoshoku Haki to hurt the foe.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Is capable of reaching a distance of 30 meters at the speed of a bullet fired from an actual pistol.
- Capable of having multiple kiss shots by setting them up in a line or formation of the user's choice.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- This skill does NOT petrify and is merely used as a distance damaging technique.
- The duration of the technique is 1 post with a cooldown of three posts which increases with every shot set up after the initial first.

Max Range for a tier 1 is 10m's. the number of shots will be limited to five

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Tumblr_nbodx24M351s5sykwo1_500
T1 Technique Name: Slave Arrow
T1 Technique Type: Devil Fruit/Mid to Long Range (15-35 meters)
T1 Technique Cool Down: 5 posts
T1 Technique information: The user breathes in deeply and kisses out a heart; similar to their Pistol Kiss, but much bigger. They then pull the heart back with a hand and, with a pop like that of a bubble, hundreds of arrows (all of them tipped and fletched with a stylized heart design) are fired and barrage their opponent(s) before petrifying them; the sheer number of arrows unleashed makes this move particularly difficult to evade. This technique not only petrifies anyone and anything that it hits, but somehow manages to freeze them in place, regardless of whether or not they were in motion or not, to the extent that she even stopped cannonballs in their tracks.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Incredible distance and able to target multiple enemies and petrify them for a number of 3 posts.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Requires the user to form the heart and aim for 1 post before they can fire the arrows. (A lot can happen in a single post. Tell me if you think this should be modified.)
- Long Cooldown time for the sheer capacity this move has.

This needs reduced greatly, hundreds of arrows for a tier one is way to much, a ten meter distance again due to tier one, id say six arrows at most and that it petrifies the area hit, not the full person

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) AxB_UT
T1 Technique Name: Heart Lock: Release (Mezameyo)
T1 Technique Type: Devil Fruit/Mid Range (20 meters)
T1 Technique Cool Down: 2 posts
T1 Technique information: The user blows a kiss at a person or people previously turned to stone, which causes small hearts that wash over them and restore them to their normal state.
T1 Technique Strengths:
- Allows those petrified (even allies) to return back to their original state (however damage to the stone afflicted areas or bodies would be still taken which means if an arm broke, they'd lost that arm.)
- Has a fair distance so the skill isn't something the user has to be up close to use.
T1 Technique Weaknesses:
- Requires the target to have been afflicted by her petrification techniques and CANNOT reverse the effects of OTHER petrifications not done by the user. (if any)

Ten meter range max
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:08 pm

In terms of the range's I've listed, you should take a look at this;
http://www.jeweledseas.com/t118-primary-secondary-skill-registration
As it shows the distances T1's are capable of by their range-type. (Which I've judged by looking at the skill itself.)

For the other changes though, I'll make them momentarily and edit this message when they've been completed.

Changes to skills have been made but ranges still need a judgement from the link above.
Back to top Go down
Anyanka

Anyanka

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Wow, that seems to have changed 0_0 when i made my skills, it was simply tier 1 techniques were ten meters maximum, but with that change your ranged are fine then ^.^
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

Position : Vice Admiral
Berries : 23,080,000

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Alright, as the tier 2 review was requested specifically, I can field them for now (if you'd want me to step aside, Anyanka, then say the word).

For 'Sweet Rosa Bloom', do all those affected by it receive their own illusion or it is bound by the first person to witness her? I think I know the answer, but I wanted to get the specifics.

For 'Love Racer', it's fine to have the extending cooldown,but you would still need a limit on how long. Otherwise you could use them all day long and skate around everybody doing figure 8's and making them very jealous of your skill. So, if you could provide a cap (I'm thinking 3-posts possibly with a slowdown after prolonged use?).

In 'Siren's Kiss', would you be able to have several partial kisses on separate targets for multiple immobilization? Or is this more of an intimate technique? Also, can the afflicted feel or hear themselves petrifying as a warning?

As for further skill ideas, have you thought of using pheromones/aromas as an idea? (saw someone use that on a previous site. Pretty cool).

That's what I've got so far, bucko.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:54 pm

For 'Sweet Rosa Bloom', all of those that are caught within the range and become affected by it are induced into their own personal illusion so her appearance to each individual is different and varies from person to person (or animal too I guess since it should be noted that mero mero affects animals too I believe).

For 'Love Racer', I believe that a 3-post limit (above the cooldown time already) so that the user can extend it for 3 posts longer but suffer a slightly less faster movement on the 2nd/3rd would be a good idea. Thanks!

In 'Siren's Kiss', this technique is meant to be used on one person alone and it's because of this reason that it has such a high cooldown, they cannot feel or hear themselves petrifying as a warning. Their perception would start feeling slow or warped mid-way I believe (when legs and arms are petrified) because they are starting to get near the feeling of full petrification (which is on the third) since it's explained inside of fruit itself that those that get fully petrified lose track of time itself and it stops for them in the moment they were in when fully paralyzed so they'd be staring at her even if she wasn't there after the kiss. It's high risk for her though because someone else can stop her before it reaches too far, so it's best used on one person lest she be pressured to do it short-term on someone and risk it being on high cooldown for a small effect of paralyzing someone's arms.

As for the Pheromones I didn't know if such would be overstepping my boundaries in terms of what I could control since I felt that was Ivankov's Fruit capabilities and I wasn't sure if I could add pheromones but aroma's is also a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Is said illusion only visual? Do you produce some kind of audio distraction or the like?

Alright, just to be totally clear: please specify exactly how long you are capable of using 'Love Racer' XD

I think Siren's fair considering it has a long cooldown and likely would require specific circumstances to perform (not necessarily open combat). The subtle change should be fine,then. You're going to have to be pretty creative to describe a kiss for 3 posts XP Now, if the kiss is broken before completion, the petrification will cease after the four posts pass from activation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:24 pm

The illusion works on the targets perception and to them they'd only hear the voice tone, see the body of and witness the love of their life or their ideal partner. Their sense of smell, sight, touch, hearing and taste would be worked over but is that too advanced for a T2? Should it only be sight, touch and hearing.

Love Racer is able to be used for 3 turns (6 maximum with the 3-post limit on extending it but suffers a slower movement [still faster than original speed of T2 but inferior to a T3].

Yes it will, it will cease after four posts from the point it was stopped. (meaning it starts at the post point she was stopped on and the petrification will only last four posts after that [ a lot can happen in four posts to be fair]). I'm very creative when it comes to kissing, believe me~ ;3 Master of foreplay right here, Vice Admiral~. Anyway it has uses both in combat and out of since if she can get close and use it then if she at least holds it for one post she can manage to lock down their arms which isn't as good as a full body but it's one less obstacle but as you've said, it has more higher chances in a covert-sense if it's used when seducing a target or while under the effect of Sweet Rosa Bloom.

Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:40 pm

I feel for the tier 2, the 'Rosa Bloom' should be visual and audio. That way they may be able to snap out of it it they made physical contact with you. (perhaps to be enhanced in later skills to apply to other senses?).

I think the 'Love Racer' should be fine.I was thinking the slow down would be on your character after the technique concluded, but either way.

I think we chose the right person for the fruit, then, Ms.Kiss-master. Yes, with all that in mind I think 'Siren's Kiss' should be a handy one.

As I was saying before I don't think pheromones would be outside your grasp, really. Hormones are the jurisdiction of Ivankov,yes, but pheromones are the airborne chemicals which can produce hormones (which are,in fact, a big part of attraction in people). If you were interested I don't think it would be asking too much to have such an ability (which you could tie to aromas if you'd like). Just a thought XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:49 pm

I agree to both Rosa Bloom being Visual and Audio as well as Love Racer suffering a slow down after the technique's conclusion. Should we have a duration on that slow? What would you say?

Glad to hear that I'm suitable for this position~.

I like the way you think and I approve of this idea of pheromones! I'll be making use of them greatly in skills to come and thank you for your input and explanation of the idea!
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm

So, happy to be of help to you. Howsabout after using 'Love Racer' for the 3 posts it would be a one post slowdown afterwards, and the whole 6 posts length would be a 2 post slowdown afterwards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Deal!

Mind listing out the changes so I can make them? (even to the descriptions and abilities usage that we spoke about)
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:30 pm

So, 'Sweet Rosa Bloom' works on all those within the range established (to a maximum of 5 people). Each of them will be influenced via their eyes and ears only (with the other sense being able to determine the illusion).

'Love Racer' offers a speed boost for up to 3 posts (with Franziska being slowed after its conclusion for a post). Under certain circumstances she can push the duration to a maximum of 6 posts (which begins to decrease in effective speed as it continues) following the conclusion of the extended version, Franziska will be slowed for 2 posts.

'Siren's Kiss' may be used in brief interactions for partial petrification, but still suffers the long cooldown. Used ideally, the kiss will be held for three posts. Arms being petrified on the first post held, the legs follow after 2 posts, and the full body after the third. This transformation is a subtle one, but lips must remain in contact for the effect to take place. When separated the petrified areas remain so until 4 posts have passed after initial lip contact.

I think that's it, but correct me if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Changes have been made!
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Well, crank out the other 2 and we'll go from there. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:26 pm

So you'd like me to make 2 more T2 Techs?
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Well, you're supposed to have 5 tier 2's, so if you don't want to be massively handicapped I would suggest making a couple more, yeah XP
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 am

The 'Veil of Lust' is a cool ability, but I think the unseen version should have a more limited range. If you still wanted the area of effect that's fine (only smaller),but perhaps a trail of scent which you have some control over (it would be smaller but allot you some minor manipulation as well).

I'm hesitant on 'Commands of Hell'. Control abilities are hard to deal with. You did a really good job balancing it...but that's a very big range for a long duration. Is this meant to only be effective for large groups of weaker units, or does it level up as you do? I think you're on the right track with the willpower, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 4:24 pm

I believe the Commands of Hell would be something that is mainly used on large groups of weaker units, it's more harder to use on actual Player Characters because it's a control skill and I'd want it to not be all mighty so that's why I'd probably tweak it down in terms of duration or range at your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Let me known when you're ready, Draque. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 am

Assuming everything has remained unchanged from the previous tiers I'm quite happy with this. I think you've done a remarkable job adjusting, but would it be asking to much to make 'Commands of Hell' a medium range rather than a long range? These controlling abilities don't come around all that often, so I want to be extra careful when they do. Other than that I can just about drop my stamp hammer on this bad boy, whatdya say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:31 pm

It is done! You're free to stamp whenever you're ready!
Back to top Go down
Lucky Wilshire

Lucky Wilshire

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 am

Thank you for your patience, Ms. Draque. Everything appears to be in order. You've got my approval Smile

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) S0NyVSn
Back to top Go down
Silvers

Silvers

Position : -
Berries : 800,000

Skill Sheet
Skill 1:
Skill 2:
Skill 3:

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 2:22 am

New format please, thanks~ o.o//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)   Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mero Mero no Mi (El Draque Primary)
Page 1 of 1